Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Maui Family Vacay!

A day at the beach!




Happy to take a swim on our 1st day!





Good grief how many bags are there?






Excited to be on our way!


The whole family, minus Dana flew out to Maui on July 22nd and returned home on August 12th. Ben stayed until the 5th returning early for work. There were moments when I thought that maybe 3 weeks was to long--but now that I'm home I think I could have actually stayed longer! I love beautiful Maui and our condo in Kapalua. We have vacationed there since 1983 and I never get tired of it. Amber and her family haven't been there for three years so they were really loving it. The girls and myself talked of all the wonderful memories of past vacations in Maui--there have been many changes on the island but in most ways it stays the same BEAUTIFUL!


Needless to say our travel days were the most challenging of the trip--departure 5 adults 2 children 1 toddler and 1 infant = 4 large suitcases 2 large duffle bags 2 carseat bags and 2 strollers plus carry ons--good grief we were a small army! I am reminding myself right now way way over packed--next trip pack very little and carry on only--hummm, we'll see! I think everyone had a good time, maybe wish they would have done a little more or seen a little more, but just relaxing at the condo or hanging out at the beach or pool was pretty dang fun!!












No comments: